Travellers from all over the world find themselves in Gatwick for the night at one time or another, which is why there are so many hotels and guesthouses in the area. If you are planning an overnight stay near the airport, we hope that our list of top places to stay will help to ensure it is an enjoyable one.
From inexpensive B&Bs to luxury hotels, we have made sure there is something for all pockets and tastes in our top ten. All of the establishments are within easy reach of the airport, so making your morning flight will be a cinch. All you have to do is pick one that takes your fancy.
If you will be in the area for longer than just one night, renting a car and exploring the local attractions is well worth considering. Whichever hotel or guesthouse you choose, you can be sure there will be ample parking and with so many things to see and do in the vicinity, a car is sure to come in handy.
Hotels and Car Hire at Gatwick
Assuming you are going to hire a car, location will not be a critical factor when choosing somewhere to stay. Even so nobody wants to worry about getting stuck in traffic on the way to the airport so we have made sure that each hotel is just a short distance away.
1. Langshott Manor – Travellers who are looking for something a little more romantic than the average airport hotel are sure to fall in love with Langshott Manor. Built in the late 16th century, the manor house can be found in a country lane that is less than 2 miles from the airport. It boasts beautiful single rooms and suites, and a well-regarded restaurant too.
2. Ambers Guest House – Another establishment that is less than two miles from the airport, Ambers Guest House may be more modestly appointed but it still offers very comfortable lodgings to visitors from across the globe. With competitive bed & breakfast rates, a quiet yet convenient location, and in-room broadband, Ambers is well worth checking out.
3. Sofitel – A 4-star establishment that is linked to the North Terminal by a covered walkway, the Sofitel is one of the most conveniently located hotels on our list. With 24-hour room service, fully stocked bars, an onsite restaurant, and everything else you would expect from a major hospitality chain, it is perfect for those who want to be as close to the airport as possible.
4. Premier Inn – Literally next door to the Sofitel is the more budget friendly Premier Inn. Boasting a decent restaurant and well-equipped business lounge this hotel is well worth considering if you are looking for a low-cost option that doesn’t involve compromising on quality. If you hire a car, you can use the parking facilities during your stay; alternatively, you can take advantage of the free shuttle service to get to the South Terminal and public transport links to local attractions.
5. Alexander House – Styling itself as an adult country house and spa hotel, Alexander House has rooms with Victorian bath tubs, opulent décor and massive beds. The perfect setting for a romantic weekend away or an overnight layover that is every bit as enjoyable as your holiday itself. Although it is set in 120 acres of beautiful gardens, this establishment is only just over 5 miles from the airport.
6. Holiday Inn – A good mid-range hotel in terms of both price and facilities, the Holiday Inn can be found less than a mile from the airport and is a good choice for business travellers and those who want a comfortable room without having to pay a fortune for the privilege. The facilities and staff at this hotel attract positive reviews on a regular basis so they must be doing something right.
7. Crowne Plaza – A little further afield but still less than 4 miles from the airport is the Crowne Plaza. A comfortable, 4-star establishment, this hotel is ideally situated for those who wish to explore the local area as it is within easy reach of many placed of interest. Book yourself low-cost car hire from Gatwick Airport, and a room at the Crowne Plaza, and you can look forward to an exciting time in town.
8. Gravetye Manor – Another country house hotel, this one is set in 1000 acres of wooded parklands. If you are looking for a hotel in a tranquil setting that is nevertheless in close proximity to the airport, this could be the one for you. At a little over 5 ½ miles away, it is still within easy reach but, at the same time, is far enough to give visitors a real taste of the West Sussex countryside.
9. YOTEL – A 5-minute walk from international arrivals, YOTEL offers clean, cosy, cabins-style rooms at budget prices. We have included it on our list as it represents excellent value for money and is in a great location for visitors from overseas who want a good night’s sleep before continuing on their way. Rent a car to explore the local area the next day and you are sure to enjoy your time at the YOTEL, Gatwick.
10. Travelodge Crawley – Around 6 miles from the airport, this hotel is a short drive from the M23, making it easy to get to central London or Brighton if you fancy a day trip when staying there. It is a good choice for travellers who are looking for clean, comfortable accommodation at competitive rates, and who do not want to be too far from the airport.
With so many attractively-priced hotels and guesthouses from which to choose, along with the numerous excellent deals available on car hire in Gatwick throughout the year, you can have a fantastic time when stopping over here for a night or two without breaking the bank.
If you are looking for the best prices on clean, well-maintained hire vehicles, don’t forget to check out what we have to offer at Cars 4 Rental before your trip.