Terms & Conditions
All hirers must be over 21 years of age. Hirers between the ages of 21-25 will incur a young driver surcharge set by the car rental supplier.
To hire from us, you will need to provide following documents;
1. Proof of address, both parts of your valid driving licence Photo card and the paper counterpart. You will need to have held your full driving licence for over 1 year. If the paper counterpart is not available, a DVLA check will need to be carried out confirming your licence details. There will be a small charge of approximately £5.00 for this service.
2. Two extra forms of ID e.g. utility bill, bank statement. This needs to be dated within the last 3 months. A valid passport may also be required.
3. All overseas hirers must provide an International Driving Licence and a valid passport.
4. On collection of the vehicle, a deposit payment will need to be paid, this will be held for the duration of the hire, & refunded back to your card on the safe return of the vehicle – We do not accept cash.
The following payment forms are accepted at the start of the rental to cover the deposit, Credit Card – Mastercard, Visa Credit Card or American Express
Key Things to Note
Some suppliers will only accept a credit card for the collection of your car.
Fuel Policy – This can be different depending on the car rental supplier. Note the fuel policy in “Important Information” before booking.
– Limited mileage for ALL car groups. Mileage is limited to 300 miles per day, extra mileage charges are set at 10p per mile plus tax, payable locally.
– Insurance (Collision Damage Waiver, Theft Protection, 3rd Party Liability)
– Local Taxes Paid
– Airport Surcharge
– Road Fee
– Premium location fee
Your Excess Explained
When you hire a car anywhere you are normally liable to pay an amount towards the repair or replacement of the car if there is an accident or any damage. This is called an excess. The excess amount is often secured on a credit/debit card or requested from you as a deposit before leaving the rental location.
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW): Collision Damage Waiver is insurance usually included in the rental price of a hired car. It provides cover for damage that occurs to your vehicle itself. This means that the car you’re driving is insured, however there is almost always an excess.
Excess: If you have an accident or there is damage to your vehicle, the CDW covers the cost of the repairs. Your excess is the ‘first part’ of any repair amount that you will be expected to pay yourself. It’s not unusual to see this in the range of £500.00 to £1,500.00
Damage Excess Refund: Our Damage Excess Refund product protects you from excess payments. In the event of an accident or damage to your vehicle you’ll be fully reimbursed for the repair costs.
Please Note: Neglect or misuse of rental vehicles are not covered, items such as, the under-body, roof, tyres, Wheels, Glass and Interior.
Car hire deposits, Sat Nav, Baby seats and European cover are all paid locally and charges are dependent upon the duration of hire. Additional driver charge from: £5.50 Plus VAT.
Our European covers from £58.33 plus VAT for between 1 – 7 days. If you require a longer period please speak to one of our agents.
Further Terms & Conditions
In essence we provide a car hire brokerage service as an affiliate to a larger car hire company (operator). This means we will book the hire of any vehicle that is available on this website to any selected destination on your chosen date(s) on your behalf and make appropriate arrangements. Please remember the availability of your chosen car or any extras requested is set and managed by the car hire operator and is subject to change.
Our responsibility is to arrange the hire of your chosen car and services. It is not to provide the vehicle and associated services this will be done by the car hire provider. We act only as agent for car hire operators to promote and sell car hire from their partners.
Upon making a booking through us you will enter into a contract for the hire of the vehicle and associated services described in your booking confirmation. The terms on which the car hire operator will supply the Car Hire Services are available by contacting us. It is important that you read through the car hire operators terms and conditions, ensuring you agree with them. If you do not accept any of the terms please don’t precede with a booking.
We do not accept any liability if a booking you made does not meet the exceptions of the car hire supplier and you don’t receive your vehicle due to an error on your part during making the booking. If you believe there is a mistake in the booking please contact us.
Receipt of your booking summary via email does not mean your booking has been accepted. If your booking is successful you will receive further confirmation from the car hire operator. At which point you will be bound by the Operators Terms and may only cancel the Car Hire Services in accordance with their Terms.
These terms are governed by the laws of England whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.